Cosmetic and family dentist in Shreveport, LA
At Smile Dental Center, we understand the importance of maintaining a healthy smile that makes you feel confident. For some patients, dental anxiety makes it difficult to receive the care that they need on a regular basis. Dr. Pary strives to offer the best general dental care to every patient, to meet ever need. For some individuals, that includes ensuring a positive experience through the use of sedation dentistry.
Sedation Dentistry uses medication to help you relax for a better dental care experience. Sedation dentistry can even help patients with severe dental anxiety.
Sedation dentistry offers many benefits to meet your individual needs. Sedation allows your body to relax more completely. This increases the effectiveness of local anesthesia. Sedation dentistry reduces the sensation of passing time. This can be very useful if you need complex or multiple treatments in a single sitting. It also prevents your muscles from stiffening or becoming sore due to spending extended periods of time in one position.
In every case, your sedation is closely monitored by experienced dental professionals who ensure your safety and comfort.
Nervous? We Can Help!
Your journey to a beautiful, healthy smile begins with a phone call to our Shreveport office. You’ll find our friendly team is attentive and eager to help you with your dental anxiety.
Sedation offers many benefits, including:
- With no sense of time, it will seem that your dental procedure passes quickly.
- Often, you retain no memory of undergoing your treatment.
- You’ll be unaware of the sounds and smells that you might otherwise be sensitive to.
- No fear or anxious feelings during your procedure.
With the help of sedation, we invite you to sit back and relax! You might be surprised to find yourself experiencing the best dental visit you’ve ever had.
Intravenous Sedation, or IV Sedation, is generally used with shorter treatment sessions. The effects are immediate and may cause you to feel as though you slept through the treatment. You may feel groggy when the IV is stopped, but this will fade over the next few hours.
Unlike with Nitrous Oxide, if you choose Oral Conscious or IV Sedation, you will need someone to provide your transportation on the day of your procedure. While there are no lingering aftereffects, the sedative effects of these options can take up to 24 hours to fully diminish.
Your safety is our top priority. At your appointment, be sure to tell us:
- Any prescription medications or over-the-counter medications you are taking
- Any herbal or nutritional supplements you are using
- Any allergies you have, particularly medication reactions
- Any health conditions you have
- Any questions or concerns you may have about your treatment or about sedation dentistry
For more information about using sedation dentistry with your next treatment, contact Smile Dental Center.